at Air Liquide in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Quality Control Lab Technician HOURS - Second Shift LOCATION - Newport, DE PAY RATE - $21/HR Full Time Role plus Benefits Company presentation -
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description -
The GM&T WBU delivers technological solutions (molecules, equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition, maritime logistics and scientific exploration, in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth.
To support the energy transition, GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio-Natural Gas for vehicles, refrigerated transport using nitrogen, but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
As a player of the deep tech sector, GM&T commercializes technologies dedicated to Space, Aerospace and scientific exploration. GM&T also supplies gases for players in of the maritime sector and provides logistics for cryogenic transportation by sea of value added molecules, such as helium.
GM&T employs 1,800 people world-wide and generated a 2017 revenue of €372 million.
Job Responsibilities -
Responsible for performing Quality Control laboratory analysis testing in support of membrane development and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Top priority is to ensure safe completion of all tasks and keeping all related training up to date.
- Perform high volume, often routine Quality Control lab analysis.
- Communicate results in a timely fashion to support the mfg. process.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Perform variety of lab tests (product performance tests, Karl Fischer, GC, UV etc.)
- Perform calibration and selected preventive maintenance of lab equipment
- Work with laboratory personnel and contacts to ensure supplies are maintained and instrument maintenance is appropriate for laboratory
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within the lab and company (method evaluations, quality functions, quality assurance issues, housekeeping, etc.).
- Safely handle hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and ensuring that spent materials are disposed of in appropriate receptacles on-site.
Additional Information -
Working Conditions -
- This position is presently a second shift assignment
- Must be able to work an off-shift & weekends with possible call-ins and overtime
This position is identified as "safety-sensitive" and is subject to random drug testing in accordance with the current Drug and Alcohol Policy and/or state law.
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.