at Apex Systems, Inc in Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Apex Life Sciences is seeking Synthetic Organic Chemists for one of our Research clients located in Delaware.
This Organic Chemist will be responsible for performing custom organic synthesis to make compounds, solve synthetic problems, and related functions by performing the following duties:
- Plans and executes various chemistry reactions for compound synthesis (run, work-up and purify reactions)
- Devises alternative synthetic routes
- Search for alternative scientific routes utilizing journals and online chemistry software (Scifinder, Reaxys and publically-accessible databases)
- Loads compounds into the LCMS & NMR; interprets data. Submits compounds to analytical chemist for full composition and purity analysis
- Maintain a chemistry synthesis notebook(s) and raw material lists
Specialty Synthesis, R&D and custom manufacturing of target compounds for Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology, Petrochemical and Biomaterial/Material Science industries
- Minimum of MS degree in Organic Chemistry (PhD in Organic Chemistry preferred).
Apex Systems offers medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401K, ESPP and employee discount programs
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.