at Christiana Care Health System in Middletown, Delaware, United States
Middletown and its surrounding areas that include, but are not limited to: (Whitehall, Smyrna, etc...) are looking to hire full-time and part-time Medical Assistants!
ChristianaCare's Medical Assistants are responsible for assisting physicians in the examination and treatment of patients with virtual and on-site appointments. By delivering quality patient care, performing clinical and clerical duties within the practices; Medical Assistants are vital and valued ChristianaCare Caregivers.
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- A graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant Program or hold current Medical Assistant Certification by a national organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and prioritize work.
- Ability to build and foster professional relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to apply good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is preferred but not required.
- Must be comfortable being on camera regularly for virtual patient visits
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge to take and record vital signs
- Ability to assist providers with examinations and procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Are you passionate about serving our patients with Love and Excellence? If so, consider applying to ChristianaCare and please upload your updated resume at the time of application!
Medical Assistant positions with ChristianaCare are available within a variety of our Service Lines:
- Acute Medicine
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Heart & Vascular
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Primary Care
- Surgical Services
- Women's & Children's
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
When we lead with love, excellence is inevitable.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.