at CDM Smith in Middletown, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith currently has a new opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing industrial water and/or wastewater projects to join our Industrial Business unit. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater projects and will assist with business development activities throughout the U.S. CDM Smith’s Industrial Business unit services clients in a variety of industrial sectors including Chemicals, Rubber & Plastics, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Mining and Manufacturing.
- This position can be based at any of our Industrial offices in the United States. Some of those cities include Houston, Irvine, Atlanta, Concord CA, Edison, Albany, Boston, or Wadsworth, OH *
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on water/wastewater projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water/wastewater design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing for clients throughout the U.S.
• Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
Industrial Project Manager (Water/Wastewater)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10 years of related experience
• Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
• Professional engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, or related degree.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for Industrial water/wastewater clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients
• Master’s degree.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and costs estimates for industrial clients
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices. Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities. Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients. Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary. Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel. Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
U.S. Vaccine Employment Mandate:
CDM Smith has taken proactive steps throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and visitors. As part of our continuing efforts to combat the pandemic and to comply with the U.S. President’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 3, 2021, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such COVID-19 vaccination or alternatively have applied for and received approval for a religious or medical exemption.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account