at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
Certified Nursing Assistant Residency Program
The CNA residency program is a unique paid program in partnership with Cecil College and Christiana Care Health System/Union Hospital that integrates classroom and clinical components. Upon successful completion of the 8-weeks Certified Nursing Assistant Course, the individual will take the Maryland State Test for Nurse Aide Certification. After completion of certification, the candidate will then transition to ChristianaCare/Union Hospital Senior Certified Nursing Assistant position.
8 weeks of instructor led didactic and clinical with Cecil College in an acute care inpatient setting
Hours for the program are 9am-5pm (3 days a week)
Will received Unit Clerk training at CCHS/Union Hospital
Full-time and Part-time Opportunities (20 hours or more)
****NOTE: If selected for this program - the rate of pay will be $17.20 hourly with healthcare benefits including- training and working on the units*****
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR INDIVIDUAL'S THAT HAVE A DESIRE TO BECOME A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT AND ABLE WORK AT UNION HOSPITAL AS A SENIOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED A NURSING ASSISTANT COURSE
*******This program will start on January 18, 2022********
ChristianaCare is a thriving, nonprofit health system with a mission of service. We believe that the key to providing truly excellent health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
We are searching for Certified Nurse Assistants to join our incredible team at ChristianaCare - Cecil Campus! In this role, you will provide for the care needs of the patients under the direction of the primary nurse. This position requires employees to demonstrate initial and annual competencies in order to remain in this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- May perform all treatments and services within the scope of practice of the Certified Nurse Assistant Maryland state licensure.
- Provides for the hygiene, personal care and activities of daily living, assisting patients with meals, measuring and recording vital signs and reporting abnormal vital signs to the primary nurse.
- Must perform accurate measurement of intake and output, perform EKG and finger stick glucose testing.
- Other duties may include order entry into Meditech.
- Service Excellence to all customers at all times
- Patient care competency
- Adheres to patient safety regulations and initiatives
- Vital Sign and AccuCheck competency (obtaining, documenting, and reporting accuracy)
- Basic computer skills
- Provision of nursing assistant care within scope of practice
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members
- Teamwork and Flexibility
Education: Must be 18 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Robust benefit package including full medical, dental and vision
- 403(b) with a company match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance for full time employees
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.