at Robert Half in Claymont, Delaware, United States
Description If you’re looking to build your career in accounting, there’Microsoft currently a Staff Accountant position through Robert Half that you may want to check out. This company is located in the Claymont, Delaware region and is offering a dynamic, mulit-faceted long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity where effort is rewarded. As Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. The majority of time spent will be dedicated to producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. You’ll also have responsibility over various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You’ll also review schedules for the reporting processes, stay in touch with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and play an active role in compliance.
What you get to do every single day
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Support implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Manage capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management Requirements – Comprehensive knowledge of billing
- Knowledge of Financial Statement
- Strong familiarity with bank reconciliations
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.