at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is seeking a Real Estate Strategy Manager. Real Estate Strategy Manager will manage approximately 850m sq ft of office and retail real estate (100+ sites) across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and Nevada. Responsibilities include continued implementation and improvement of a proactive and strategic approach to managing the real estate footprint. The incumbent will provide leadership, policy guidance and governance, and project management to align strategies and execution with key stakeholder objectives and outcomes. The Real Estate Manager will lead all real estate activities, including site selection, lease negotiations (new locations, renewals), dispositions and terminations. The incumbent will manage space design and planning, financial modeling and recommendations, lease administration, and progress/ performance reporting to management.
The Real Estate Strategy Manager will work with Facilities Management to analyze and develop transaction-related tenant improvement requirements and costs. The incumbent will be a key stakeholder partner to ensure that real estate strategies and business priorities are aligned while establishing and providing regular progress and performance reporting to management. The incumbent oversees real estate brokerage partnerships and external relationship management with property owners, managers, tenants, and legal counsel. The incumbent will manage interface with government entities and Identify cost-saving strategies and opportunities. The Real Estate Strategy Manager will frequently communicate with all levels of the project team, customers, management, and lease administration and occupancy management software and databases. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversight of real estate portfolio ensuring consistent and competitive standards, terms, and economics for all leases. Work with landlords and contracted real estate brokers on transactions. Conduct comprehensive market evaluations presenting key stakeholders with recommendations for decision-making.
- Oversee occupancy management and lease administration functions (rent processing, database accuracy, taxes/LL general invoice processing).
- Management and assessment of annual operating expense reconciliations.
- Review of Estoppels/SNDA’s
- Recommend space and cost optimization strategies and opportunities based on evolving Bank and market condition
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with strategic partners including brokers, landlords, architects, construction managers and furniture vendors
- Manage due diligence, budgets, architectural design, site engineering, permitting and project scheduling from acquisition through completion.
- Establish strategic standards on a broad range of critical real estate issues, including space utilization, lease/own criteria, strategic market locations, recurring processes for real estate decisions.
- Minimum 10 years of corporate, office and retail real estate experience
- Solid financial and analytical skills
- Experience with financial analysis, lease negotiations and contract management
- Ability to influence others to adopt new perspectives
- Effective in project management, implementation and follow through. Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and financial and reputational risk exposure
- Ability to influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Strong level of customer service skills and professionalism
- Strong understanding of real estate & construction management processes from acquisition to completion. Advanced real estate knowledge necessary to manage complex real estate issues.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to set goals and motivate and measure results
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), interpersonal skills, critical decision-making ability, critical communication skills and cross networking abilities.
- Proven negotiation and management skills with ability to influence outcomes
- Proven success motivating and managing a high-performing team
- Willingness to travel and tour existing and new markets
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.