at Wilmington Job Corps (Foxmar Inc) in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Career Preparation Instructor Job Description
Wilmington Job Corps Center- Wilmington, Delaware
Wilmington Job Corps Center is currently recruiting for a Career Preparation Planning Instructor in the Career Pathways Department. The primary function of this position is to develop individualized career plans and teach social development curriculums. This position is responsible for training, supporting, and coaching new students in preparation for career success.
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
WORK REMOTELY: No
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Human Services, Education or related field. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
• Experience working with youth.
• Instructional classroom experience required.
• Facilitator and trainer experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency required.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Orient and acclimate new students to Center life in a positive and professional manner.
• Develop and deliver dynamic career and social development lesson plans.
• Instruct trainees on topics involving career readiness, personal growth, and life skills.
• Provide labor market data, career one stop information, and industry requirements to increase occupational knowledge prior to trade and career selection.
• Conduct activities that encourage self-confidence, accountability, and self-respect.
• Introduce Career Pathways by providing career exploration training regarding the military, college, apprenticeship, advanced training, and employment tracks in order to assist students with selecting a suitable path then creating a career plan with SMART goals.
• Evaluate trainees’ ability to demonstrate employability skills.
• Maintain documentation of case notes, attendance, evaluations, assessments, and career plans.