at Eagle Group (Metal Masters Food service Equip) in Clayton, Delaware, United States
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
To work with various materials such as plywood, wood, wallboard to build cabinets, shelving, and other Eagle manufactured items as requested by customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construct customer orders by following blueprints provided
- Ensure the usage of the appropriate material required to construct the item
- Accurately measure and cut per specifications of blueprints
- Assemble all parts using various tools, adhesives
- Quality check the project to ensure it meets the demands of the customer / blueprints
- Must be able to accurately read and take measurements using tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Completing the project in a timely fashion to ensure on time shipment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Other duties and requirements as deemed necessary to complete the project in a manner that upholds the quality and integrity of the company
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to read tape measure to 1/32 of an inch
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
- Able to read and comprehend written instruction, blueprints, drawings
- Able to comprehend and follow all instruction both verbal and written
- Able to perform the essential functions for the position (standing for long periods of time; walking, lifting from 10 pounds to 50 pound frequently; able to see reach/ bend; push/ pull; talk and see.
- Able to pass a Pre-Employment drug test
- Able to provide proof of US Citizenship or Legal to Work in the US
- Able to safely use various hand tools, and other equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Possess problem solving skills when confronted with an issue that could compromise the integrity of the item being constructed
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High School / Trade (Technical) School diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of 1 year on the job training or apprenticeship
- Mechanical drawing a plus
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Good Mathematical knowledge
- General knowledge of Safety in Work practices and OSHA requirements
- Recent experience working within the carpentry field either in the Construction industry or in Residential carpentry; performing such duties as Framing walls; building stairs; install drywall; crown molding; installing cabinetry/ counters; remodels;
The work environment in the plant can be at a fast pace during high volume demand of orders. The employee must be able to meet the required targets for the day and do so in a safe manner.
Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles. The environment is / can be loud at times.
HOURS / SHIFTS
First shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Second shift: 3:30 pm - Midnight
Compensation will commensurate with candidate experience; knowledge
Medical / Dental/Vision/ Flex Spending/ Voluntary Life Insurance after 90 days; 10 paid holidays including Your Birthday as a Floater; 401k (after your 1 year anniversary) with company match; Voluntary Eagle Savers Club
Education Assistance after 6 months of hire (ask HR for more details)
Reasonable accommodation may be made ( if it is possible ) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.