at Delaware State Housing Authority in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
These non-State positions are responsible for case management work, counseling and assisting residents of subsidized housing to develop or obtain the skills and resources necessary to meet personal, social, health and economic needs. Incumbent in this job functions under the direct supervision of a technical or administrative supervisor. Work involves but is not limited to aiding and counseling residents to provide assistance in goal setting; verifying and updating resident status on quarterly basis; providing updated information and referral services to community resources; interaction with other departments and outside resources; ensuring overall compliance with the Moving To Work Program in a cost effective, timely and productive manner.
Essential functions are fundamental, core and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Interviews client, family and/or professional sources to determine client’s needs for a variety of social services which may include employment, job search and basic skills remediation.
• Develops a comprehensive cost effective service plan utilizing in-house sources, referrals, contracted providers and/or institutions.
• Conducts on-going monitoring and assessment of service delivery for optimum quality and efficiency, and authorizes and recommends changes and adjustments as needed.
• Maintains comprehensive case records, summaries, statistical and narrative reports and completes required forms.
• Establishes effective working relationship with clients, family, community and professional sources.
• Provides direct casework service through individual/group conferences, counseling and/or site visits.
• Supplies information and responses to inquiries regarding services for clients, family, community and government agencies.