at Westside Family Healthcare in Bear, Delaware, United States
Westside Family Healthcare is seeking a full-time Team Nurse to work as part of an interdisciplinary team working directly with patients across the lifespan with an emphasis on prevention and education. The Team Nurse triages acute concerns, connects patients to appropriate medical care and supports patients in reaching self-management goals for chronic conditions.
Westside is a Joint Commission accredited Federally Qualified Health Center, certified as a Primary Care Medical Home, with several locations throughout Delaware. Our mission is to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. Our Nurses play an essential role in caring for our communities, reducing barriers to care to allow access for the most underserved.
The Triage RN is an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) that works as part of a multidisciplinary team supporting general care processes, providers, and patients in an ambulatory community-based setting. The RN is responsible for evaluating and assessing patient’s health care needs based on nurse assessment, clinical judgment, nurse process and evidence-based clinical support tools. The RN will provide appropriate disposition and timely follow up, per telephone triage policy. The RN must meet minimum quality and productivity standards as defined by Westside Family Healthcare.
The following duties and responsibility most reflect the expectations of this position, but are not intended to be all inclusive:
1. Provide telephonic clinical assessment and health education across the life span, determining appropriate disposition and follow up plan of care to include scheduling of appointments as necessary
2. Provide telephonic triage for patients seeking care with multiple complaints
3. Assessment and provision of care using telecommunication devices
4. Application of the nursing process in telehealth care
5. Delivery of culturally sensitive, age-specific care across the lifespan
6. Use of clinical decision support tools following standardized workflow for real time documentation in the Electronic Medical Record
7. Demonstration of problem-solving, prioritization, collaboration and customer relation skills
8. Communication skills: both written and verbal to include active listening, therapeutic communication, counsel and crisis management
9. Handle multiple in bound calls
10. Highly proficient working with technology