at Westside Family Healthcare in New Castle, Delaware, United States
The Community Navigator Supervisor trains and supervises a team of Community Navigators to facilitate consumer and/or patient enrollment into health care coverage. This includes providing oversight, coordination, and management of the outreach and partner engagement activities for the purpose of facilitating enrollment in health coverage.
1. Directly supervise Community Navigators, working with HR and the Manager of Enrollment Services to recruit, screen, hire, orient, train, direct and monitor work. Provide ongoing performance feedback and conduct quarterly check-ins, implement corrective actions and make employment termination decisions.
2. Work closely with the Manager of Enrollment Services to meet Navigator grant deliverables.
3. Successfully complete online Navigator certification, maintain training annually thereafter, and perform duties of a Navigator for the length of the cooperative agreement.
4. Coordinate with marketing or other departments to allow for accurate, timely, and actionable messages to be conveyed about coverage opportunities available. Provide training to Community Navigators and Enrollment Specialists to encourage a superior level of customer service and to continually improve level of proficiency.
5. Maintain knowledge, expertise, and certification (when necessary), in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of the Federal Marketplace and other health coverage programs such as Medicaid, CHIP, and presumptive eligibility.
6. Ensure timely elevation of consumer (patient) enrollment issues and provide updates to managers, sharing lessons learned in order to establish best practices, and proposing solutions or modifications to challenges with the marketplace application and/or online application for Medicaid and CHIP.
7. Ensure the protection, data-sharing consent, and security of a consumer’s personal, confidential and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner and carry out all measures to prevent from unauthorized disclosures.
8. Continually build new relationships and maintain existing ones with current and future community entities that are providing services to consumers to promote health insurance coverage options.
9. Work with Community Navigators to build a referral network within the WFH health centers and with community partners to help identify eligible individuals who need assistance enrolling in coverage.
10. Provide data and other information necessary for CMS and other reporting requirements.