at George Sherman Corp in Milton, Delaware, United States
The ideal candidate for HVAC Service and Maintenance Technicians possesses the experience, skill, and physical ability to complete HVAC repairs at homes and businesses efficiently. The service technician must be in the on-call rotation and achieve dependable results with minimum callbacks. The HVAC Service Technician may be required to perform technical repairs, additional tasks, call the manufacturer's service departments, research, order parts, and do what is necessary to complete repairs.
Technician Duties - Expanded (All Levels)
Service Technician Level 1:
- Can perform maintenance tasks with no issues, including cleaning drains, checking refrigerant charge, and handling refrigerant
- Ability to check amps/microfarads/voltage on electrical componentry
- Comprehension of temp split and temp rise
- Knowledge of gas safety and service
- Diagnose issues, deferring to higher a higher-level tech for more advanced troubleshooting
- Desire to increase knowledge base and skillset both in and out of work
Service Technician Level 2:
- Everything level 1 can do, plus troubleshooting most heat pumps and gas furnaces
- Some oil, geothermal, and hydronics troubleshooting knowledge
- Experience with repairs
- Control, damper, and zoning knowledge
- Ability to defer to level three for advanced troubleshooting with oil, hydronics, geothermal, or controls
Service Technician Level 3:
- Experience troubleshooting all areas, including oil, gas, heat pumps, mini-splits, geothermal, hydronics, controls, zoning, wiring. and airflow
- Minimum need for tech support or assistance during calls
- Ability to aid lower-level technicians in diagnosis and repair technique
- Considered a senior employee and example for other technicians
- Exemplary in work, practices, and company policy
Sherman Corporation is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position classification is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the minimum position requirements and to be illustrative of the kind of duties which may be assigned to this position. It should not be interpreted as a complete list of requirements for the position.
Join Our Team
Sherman Corporation has immediate openings for Service and Maintenance Technicians. Are you looking for a company that believes in the continuous growth of its employees and is committed to its technicians' ongoing education, training, trends, and certifications? Look no further.
Sherman Corporation is hiring HVAC Service and Maintenance Technicians. When hired, you become a part of the Sherman Corporation family and join a team of the most qualified plumbing and HVAC technicians.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account