at Chubb in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
ESIS recognizes each risk management program is unique, and we are committed to providing consultative and innovative solutions to drive superior results for your program. Our culture and vision enable us to effectively operate as an extension of your risk management program, aligning combined goals to form a collaborative partnership.
We recognize our clients desire to do things differently, and we are confident that our integrated approach will deliver better overall results for your program. ESIS specialized claim intervention strategy integrates an effective deployment of resources and appropriate actions, which are essential to your programs success
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated risk management services designed to reduce claims frequency and loss costs. ESIS, the Risk Management Services Company of Chubb, provides claims, risk control & loss information systems to Fortune 1000 accounts. ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
ESIS is seeking an experienced Auto, General & Liability (AGL) Claims representative for the Wilmington, DE office. The person in this role will handle and maintain all AGL claims and file reviews under the general supervision of a supervisor and as part of the ESIS team.
Under the direction of the Claims Team Leader investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably, and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under limited supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policys obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews, and obtains statements (recorded or in-person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on the line of business, may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arrange for such appraisal.
- Evaluate facts supplied by investigation to determine the extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend the companys obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties, etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discuss problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss, or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims. <
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity