at Perdue Farms Inc - Milford in Milford, Delaware, United States
This position helps oversee the production lines or areas processing poultry products and sanitation of the processing areas. Requires working with live poultry, raw and/or cooked products.
Inquire with HR for current line coach openings.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout/Tagout procedures, and Process Safety Management related matters.
- Ensures that the qualities of the products are being met according to the product specification of QA and USDA.
- Ensures that all equipment throughout the departments are running smoothly.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.