at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
IT Service Manager
Nov 10, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
IT Service Manager
CTG is searching for anIT Service Manageras part of a procurement team to support a consumer’s good client in the Pacific Time zone.
This is an opportunity to work with a very strong management consulting team. They are a fast moving, hard working group of consulting professionals. The expectation would be to work a 50 hour work week and close to pacific- time zone.
- The IT Service Manager (SM) is accountable for defining and delivering IT End-to End Services. An IT End to End Service includes all IT enabling services, applications and infrastructures that support this service.
- The SM plays a leadership role, ensuring operational excellence in Service delivery transition and execution. They assure business objectives and operational outcomes are achieved. The SM identifies the cost drivers for IT services, and engages with business partners to understand how those cost drivers impact their IT expenses. They are responsible for IT service demand management and planning conversations with business partners.
- The SM understands their stakeholders and organizational structures. You are a trusted advisor to the business and influence improvements to service delivery that are aligned to stated Business Outcomes. They must be able to create, convey and deliver successful strategies and operational objectives for their Service(s). The End-to-End Service Manager holds the Service Provider(s) responsible for meeting contract requirements. They will work with outsourced service provider(s) to maintain and improve the underlying services through use of IT best practices in ITSM and ITIL.
- The IT Service Manager has responsibility for ensuring our large Enterprise Applications are performing to excellent service standards. They will be responsible for identifying systemic issues in the Application Technology stack and pursue permanent resolution with a view to meet or exceed end to end service SLAs.
- You will develop technical standards for business-critical platforms with a view to guide operational architecture and best practices for long term sustainability, working with diverse teams. As a guardian of services, you will ensure measurable and sustainable benefits from Implementation of Performance management in Enterprise Applications.
- You will expand and standardize the use of stated Application Lifecycle Management Tools across SDLC. This involves delivering critical projects and enhancements using Stated ALM Tools in areas of Training, Testing, System Refreshes, Landscape Management, Change impact analysis etc.
- As an ITIL practitioner, you will be responsible for Knowledge Management or any other key ITIL process within IT as they pertain to your service area.
Duties and Responsibilities
People Management – Develop and maintain a high performing organization of enthusiastic owners.
- Direct managerial and staffing responsibility for Service Managers and/or other business solution support roles.
- Promote consistent career management, performance measurement and skill development of junior staff.
- Provide input for performance management.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes
- Define and execute individual development plans to promote career mobility and improve skills.
- Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues
- Identify ways to share resources across applications / platforms to promote information sharing and career / skill development through job rotation.
- Define staffing plans and participate in the recruiting process as needed
End to End Service Management – Provide end-to-end IT service management of all the technologies, processes, information, and related IT resources required to support a specific business outcome across the lifecycle.
- Service Strategy: Collaborate with IT-Business Relationship Managers and Architects to develop the end-to-end IT services strategy, and assess the impact of the architecture roadmap on the End to End Service.
- Service Design: Liaise with IT-Business Relationship Managers, Architects and Business Process and Functional Owners to negotiate IT Service Targets. Align and document service descriptions and service-level agreements (SLAs) to be included in the organizations service catalog.
- Service transition: Ensuring proper solutioning, cross functional and systems impact assessments, identification and allocation of resources, and that changes are being delivered as per business expectations and commitments of timing, effort, and quality.
- Release and deployment: Management and oversight of the Service Provider(s) to build and execute a delivery plan. Ensure integration of solution across technical areas, tools and capabilities.
- Knowledge Management: Ensure Service Provider(s) maintains currency of all components of the End-to-End Service Documentation.
- Service Transition: Oversee and approve that designed services are ready for production in regard to supportability, quality, and business readiness. Ensure the currency of comprehensive test plans including Integration and Regression Scenarios. Collaborate with quality teams to ensure the overall quality of delivered services.
Continuous Service Improvement – Through systemic agility, continually ‘shift right by re-aligning IT services to the changing business needs by identifying and implementing improvements to IT services that deliver business outcomes.
- Provides information to business partners about service-improvement opportunities and collaborates with them to drive down business costs and effectively support business capabilities.
- Develop an annual IT service delivery plan and negotiate delivery expectations with business partners
Service Operations – Ensures IT services are delivered effectively and efficiently. This includes fulfilling user requests, resolving service failures, fixing problems, as well as carrying out routine operational tasks.
- Work with multiple vendor support teams to ensure adherence to Standards, Policies and Governance across the service life cycle.
- Anticipate and identify business activities that will have an impact on the capacity requirements.
- Translate and incorporate the business requirements and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) into all relevant 3rd party contracts.
- Support internal and external periodic audit reviews of system and process controls.
- Ensure service supports all End-to-End IT Service business continuity requirements.
Financial Management – Optimize the cost of IT Services while considering quality and risk factors.
- Drive service improvement plans that are aligned with fact based operational intelligence.
- With an understanding of TCO, provide cost transparency and partner with the business, to optimize the return on assets
- Deliver year over year structural cost savings.
- 4-year degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Typically, 7- 10 years of experience in roles such IT Service Delivery Manager, Technical Project Management, Technical Operations, Application Development and Performance Optimization
- Strong knowledge of application technical layer and technical problem solving.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional IT End to End Services and technology framework to improve and sustain technical application performance.
- Knowledge and ability to direct multiple service providers in integrating IT End to End services with requirements from key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and in