at Facebook in Dover, Delaware, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Remote Presence is a team at Facebook that is building technologies to connect people in real time via audio/video calling and Live video/audio broadcasting in Messenger, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, and hardware devices (Oculus, Portal, glasses). Real-time communication business has been experiencing unprecedented explosive growth since COVID pandemic started. It is one the most scaled consumer businesses at Facebook Inc. with billions of users relying on it, and by far the largest real time communications business in the world compared to other apps and telcos. Remote Presence is on a short list of company top priority areas. We are rapidly scaling investment into this domain to meet new demands on existing platforms and are building new real-time experiences that will become core components for the Metaverse effort and new AR/VR devices.We are looking for a Data Science leader who has experience in: 1) setting up a world class data science team of managers and individual contributors 2) partnering with engineering and PM leaders to build strategy, execute roadmaps for a large organization, and communicate to the highest level of the company leadership 3) contributing to building a platform that delivers the best in class audio and video quality on all classes of devices from low end Android phones and Windows PC to custom build hardware and advances the state of the art of real-time communications with AR/VR powered experiences of tomorrow.
1. Building and Managing Data Science teams through managers of managers.
2. Maintain a high bar in terms of product thinking and analytical depth for your team through selective hiring and mentorship.
3. Support and grow other data science managers and ICs.
4. Technical background and ability to dive into details of technologies built by Engineering and Data Science teams.
5. Lead cross-functional and cross-team relationship building and collaboration with product and engineering teams.
6. 7+ years experience managing a team of analysts, data scientists.
7. 7+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
8. 7+ years of work experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
9. Experience in cross-functional partnership among teams of Engineering, Design, PM, Data Engineering.
10. Experience initiating and driving projects to completion autonomously.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account