at Quality Staffing in Lower Maryland, Maryland, United States
Great career opportunity in manufacturing with a local company with an international presence. Our client in Caroline County is seeking and willing to train the right motivated, energetic, mechanically –inclined individual seeking a career as a Machine Operator in a smaller manufacturing environment.
Job summary: The Braiding Machine Operator is responsible for operating 2 or 3 braiding machines that uses bobbins of yarn and manufactures them into square rope packing used to seal pumps and valves.
- Perform machine set up, run and operate machine(s), replace bobbins/tie-in new bobbins of yarn, clean and maintain as needed and instructed.
- Read and understand the Materials Specification Sheet that shows the raw yarn material used, weights or springs needed for tension, gears and speed to be used.
- Record size of material using calipers for quality checks.
- Adjust machine speed, weights/springs, gears, as necessary for optimal production.
- Observe operation of machine and verify conformance to specifications.
- Read Production Document (job order) for product specifications, dimensions and tolerances, or any special instructions.
- Quality check braid for shape, size, firmness and appearance.
- Work directly with the processing/finishing department personnel to achieve acceptable semi-finished material that can be used for finished parts.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety rules and maintain a clean and well-organized work area.