at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Director of Information Security
Nov 08, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Information Security role for one of our Premier Healthcare Services firms.Come join us and grow your career with CTG!
Duration: 6+ Months, Potential for FT Hire
Job Title: Director of Information Security
Work Hours: Monday–Friday
This is hands-on role responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of information security and business continuity programs and activities. Will be responsible to provide subject matter expertise to all operating units, and ensure that processes, controls and documentation are adequate to protect the client from existing risks as well as from potential new threats.
Great opportunity to lead security initiatives and the implementation of technology, process, and procedures in various security domains including endpoint protection, network protection, event monitoring, vulnerability management, configuration management and incident response.
In addition the role will be responsible for security assessments (i.e. leading pen-testing, architecture/configuration reviews, threat modeling), identifying process maturity improvements, supporting information security objectives on in-flight projects and driving remediation.
Ideal candidate must be a high-performer with a passion for health care who can work collaboratively with staff to execute information security program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead security assessments and certification processes.
- Lead application and system security design requirements.
- Design and support security training.
- Perform regular and complex risk analysis of technical and non-technical processes that support new and existing environments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain actionable and effective controls, standards, and policies are in place.
- Develop and maintain documentation to: mitigate risk, demonstrate HIPAA security compliance, and ensure rapid response/recovery following disruptions to essential internal processes.
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA), comprehensive Risk Analysis (RA), and Security Policies, Procedures, and Standards.
- Support the project management function / administrative tasks as they relate to security initiatives.
- Develop and maintain vulnerability management remediation and tracking.
- Support the RFI/RFP process and how InfoSec engages in it.
- Develop and lead the security governance process.
- Assist in addressing other activities such as strategic planning, IT audit compliance, and budget preparation.
The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressively responsible position in information security and business continuity.
- Working experience with HITRST/NIST 800.53/SOC2/ISO20001 certification process
- Experience in the following: incident response, application security, network security, security operations, security monitoring, cryptography, and security design.
- Minimum of one year scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, Perl, or other languages.
- Demonstrated experience with core technical domains such as operating systems (Linux and Windows), databases, and networking.
- Demonstrated ability to champion a program and drive successful completion while delivering.
Experience with Incident Response, SIEM, Threat Intelligence, and Forensics tooling
- Experience leading or driving efficiency in a Vulnerability Management program.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent; Master preferred
- Prefer Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP),Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent certificate
- Risk awareness
- Strategic planning
- Excellent work and project organization
- Third party risk management
- Superior verbal and written communication and ability to speak in business language
- Ability to align Security with Business goals
- Ability to collaborate across organization
- No third party resumes will be accepted
- Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
- All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!)
- CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
- CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Julie.Difrancesca@ctg.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Customer Support
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No