at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R124860
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr Support Specialist
Are you an analytically minded person inspired by the ability to resolve issues? Are you ready to take your career to the next level and be recognized for your innovative contributions? As a Production Support Specialist at Capital One you will be able to make an impact with one of the most dynamic organizations in the Financial Services industry.
As a Production Support Specialist, you will coordinate production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems to ensure the integrity of computer generated data. In this critical role, you will summarize issues and communicate system capabilities or limitations.
Support Specialist, Engineer - Messaging Escalations
The Production Support Specialist is responsible for safeguarding the production environment. This position will focus on the Enterprise application support environment with messaging and collaboration solutions like Google Workspace, Exchange (Online and On-premise), Proofpoint Cloud and Cisco's ESA appliances, Email Archiving (Proofpoint, Google Vault), Zoom, Slack and other supporting technologies. This includes coordination of production support activities for all systems within the portfolio, related subsystems, host servers, databases and other systems that the applications interact with to ensure their integrity and stability. A successful candidate must have or be capable of quickly gaining a technical understanding of architecture and environments supported. This individual will own all aspects of service delivery, including the monitoring, control and leadership of our outsourced vendor partners.
The Support Specialist is expected to operate under the ITIL model, making sure that all the ITIL processes as practiced at Capital One are adhered to.
* Maintains system support documentations
* Maintains inventory of applications and associated artifacts (DR plans, contingency plans, support guides, CIs, etc.). Identifies gaps in inventory and works through closure of gaps
* Contributes to IT standards development and enforcement.
* Ensure licenses & certificates are valid
* Contributes to the assessment of software maintenance needs, works with vendor and supply chain management to make sure software maintenance contracts meet the needs
* Reviews support/maintenance contracts on an annual basis, and make sure that support and maintenance is adequately addressed in the budget review
INCIDENT & PROBLEM MANAGEMENT
* Drives the resolution of incidents, involves the appropriate resources and ensures fixes are implemented as quickly as possible
* Identify recurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process
* Communicates to business and technical partners on incidents as they occur when they impact system performance or availability
* Ensures that problem management procedures are followed and all problems within scope are documented and closed appropriately
CONFIGURATION & CHANGE MANAGEMENT
* Ensures that the application CIs (Configuration Items) are setup with the right hierarchy and have all the required relationships within the application layer and interacting systems
* Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the systems within their portfolio and their infrastructure
* Communicates to business and technical partners on changes to the application or infrastructure which may impact the system performance or availability
* Coordinates activities with computer operations departments and user departments to ensure the integrity of the production environment.
DISASTER RECOVERY (DR)
* Periodically review and update the DR scripts to keep them updated
* Keep DR information (Recovery Time Objective, Recover To Objective, etc)
* Participate in DR exercises to recover applications and provide support to Ops testers
SERVICE LEVEL METRICS
* Work with IT & business partners to define system metrics and SLAs
* Produces and presents... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.