at Facebook in Dover, Delaware, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The ideal candidate will have a background and hands-on experience in mechanical engineering/product design and complex system design. This leader will be in charge of building up a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and define and implement a workflow for the development of custom wearable systems.
You will be responsible for the intake of requirements from researchers, engineers, and product managers, you’ll manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. Communication and technical aptitude are critical in this role as you will be the liaison between researchers, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers and you will assist with determining project priorities and feasibility.
As an expert in your engineering field, you will be in charge of supervising the ME design and architecture of our custom systems.
This is a complex and operationally challenging role that will afford the opportunity to lead the development of technologies that have the potential to change the way humans communicate and interact regardless of distance.
1. Inspire & lead the mechanical engineering efforts.
2. Mentor a team of mechanical engineers and other engineering managers.
3. Collaborate with key partners (Research, Engineering, Leadership, Operations, Legal, Facilities, etc.) to support new and ongoing projects.
4. Manage project meetings, schedules, milestones and delivery.
5. Design, simulate, prototype, and test complex systems which combine electronics, mechanical parts, optics and software.
6. Provide individual technical contributions in your area of expertise where needed.
7. Effectively influence leaders and key partners to gain alignment.
8. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
9. 7+ years of experience as a hardware leader working across one or more of the following areas: mechanical, electrical systems and software.
10. Experience with cameras, displays, batteries, and other sensors.
11. Demonstrated domain knowledge in compute & systems development, proven track record in building technology & product development.
12. Experience with embedded computing and wearable devices.
13. Direct experience shipping consumer hardware and in R&D.
14. Experience with 3D design modeling and physical prototyping.
15. Experience integrating RF technologies such as Wi-Fi, BT, GPS, etc.
16. Experience leading and driving mechanical design from concept, through design for manufacture, assembly, and test.
17. Experience in working with JDM partners in the design, manufacture, testing and delivery of hardware solutions.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account