at University of Delaware in Newark, Lewes, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497068
Work Type: Staff
Location: Newark, Lewes
Categories: Public Safety, Security, & Emergency Services, Full Time
Context of the Job:
Under general supervision, serves as a uniformed member of the University of Delaware Police Department performing routine and diverse duties at University locations throughout the State of Delaware requiring independent judgment in the application of prescribed procedures and methods related to University services, traffic control and law enforcement duties at designated locations; takes corrective and/or enforcement action as required in accordance with established laws, regulations and procedures; requires the exercise of tactful and assertive interpersonal communication skills.
Based on divisional assignment, primary responsibilities are assigned as follows:
Main or Satellite Campus:
- Performs escorts: transports students, staff and guests to on- and off-campus locations.
- Renders first aid; transports sick, injured or otherwise disabled persons.
- Patrols the campus to ensure the security of facilities and the safety of students, staff and visitors; prevents and deters crime by observation and confrontation of unusual circumstances or individuals; locks or unlocks buildings; notifies supervisors of security defects, hazardous situations, suspicious persons or criminal incidents.
- Provides traffic control.
- Performs crowd control and retail security duties as assigned.
- Assists visitors, students or staff by providing information, directions or assistance.
- Assists law enforcement officers as directed.
- Documents activities, reports and/or referrals.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Participates in training and certification sessions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
STAR Campus (Chemours):
- Access control to include inspection of bags.
- Incident reporting and documentation/investigation of security incidents.
- Perimeter door security and control.
- Receive and respond to communication from Security Control Desk Officer for all access requests.
- Manage and control security of perimeter doors.
- Security system monitoring, testing and inspection.
- Alarm response and investigation.
- Respond to site emergencies.
- Conduct security patrols and building tours.
- Provide assistance during extreme circumstances to clear and/or add salt to pedestrian walkway surfaces.
- Perform building perimeter safety and security equipment inspections.
- Track and document regulatory compliance relative to the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS).
- Participation in site drills and exercises.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status