at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
ChristianaCare is currently hiring a Physical Therapist to work at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center in Newark, Delaware.
As a Physical Therapist, you will provide Physical Therapy for individuals requiring rehabilitation after injury or disease process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and re-evaluate patients in a timely manner.
- Establish appropriate plans of care that include goals to be attained in a timely manner and revise plans of care based on changes in the patient status.
- Monitors change in status and appropriately refers to internal and external services as needed.
- Complete all documentation relating to patient care, including evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide appropriate care for patients, including the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide care needed.
- Review active patient records in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate referrals to internal and external services as needed.
- Provide patient and family education and training.
- Participate in departmental organizational planning, in-services, educational programs, and community based marketing opportunities.
- Participate in meetings and hospital programs, seminars, and workshops.
- Maintain written and verbal communication with referral sources concerning patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduate of an A.P.T.A. approved school of Physical Therapy
At least two years of experience preferred
Oncology experience preferred.
Lymphedema Certification or interest in certification preferred.
Licensure or eligibility for licensure in Delaware
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.