at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R120560
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Director of Design for Associate Platforms and Tools
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. We are champions for the end-to-end customer experience, from marketing through servicing, across physical environments, digital tools, and service Agents. We've combined this human-centered approach with our heritage of data-driven decision making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
As aSenior Director of Design for Associate Platforms and Tools, you will shape the vision and digital strategy for our associate experiences in our cutting edge Capital One Cafes, Retail Branches, and call centers. In this role you'll be central to designing products that help ~5000 Capital One Cafe Ambassadors and Call Center Agents support customers and help them achieve a healthy financial future - one with less anxiety and more everyday joy.
- Oversee, inspire and mentor a team of 15+ strategists service and UX/UI designers to stretch and grow their leadership and operational skills; Oversee quality and efficiency of the work and create the space and support for learning and growth.
- Your team will envision, develop and promote industry-leading customer service experiences, mobile software and hardware products, and machine learning models to anticipate customer needs before the customer even interacts with us.
- Your team will also be responsible for managing the associate servicing platforms to ensure that 800+ engineers can deliver experience enriching context.
- Champion human-centered methodologies across all servicing Associate Tools
and Platforms for our Retail Bank and Card lines of business.
- Partner with Product, Technology, and Business unit leaders to understand
financial, technical, and experiential objectives, while influencing product and
experience agendas to deliver differential results.
- Drive innovation not only in customer-facing experiences but in practices and
processes that bring about world-class solutions.
- Collaborate with peer design leaders to orchestrate the greater experience
ecosystem, find efficiencies across shared technologies and common service
moments, and unlock higher order value from the cross-line-of business
- Recruit top talent, run a best-in-class team, and invest in their continued success.
Desired Experience and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated leadership of a cross-skilled experience team within a large scale, high tech
- A track record of envisioning, designing, and delivering successful enterprise platforms.
- The ability to strategically influence senior leadership as well as your team as a champion of human-centered design
- A great listener and a crisp communicator, with strong business judgment and analytical
- The ability to thrive within ambiguity, assess and synthesize complexity, and still find the
north star that brings clarity and drives forward momentum.
- The desire to collaborate, learn and continue to evolve the team.
- Humility, judgment, and enthusiasm that creates great results AND a great culture.
- Ability to connect analytical data with practical solutions in a real world environment.
- Experience navigating a complex and highly regulated ecosystem
- Deep experience in early stage discovery or exploration efforts along
with scaled execution approaches and methodologies
We believe that qualifications are a combination of many different competencies and experiences.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in a design leadership role
- MBA or masters degree
- 15+ years experience in a leadership role leading Customer Experience,
Product... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.