at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497089
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
The Wright House is both the private residence of the University President and a venue for important University functions. The Wright House can accommodate events for as many as 250 people as well as intimate events for small select groups. The elegance of the Wright House serves as a backdrop to highlight the significance of the events held there.
The principal emphasis is on providing detailed housekeeping services according to the University President's specifications. Work performed must meet standards of quality, and is reviewed for thoroughness, neatness, and general effectiveness.
- Perform duties for general maintenance, appearance, and upkeep on a scheduled and regular routine basis, such as: vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting of walls, woodwork, furniture, and ornaments throughout the residence.
- Empty wastebaskets and other receptacles; periodically wash interior windows; polish and clean bathroom and kitchen fixtures; and wax and polish furniture and floors. Utilize various cleaning solutions, polishes and equipment as needed.
- Launder linens such as tablecloths, guest room bed and bath linens, napkins, etc., and other items as well as the drop-off and pick-up of weekly dry-cleaning.
- Rearrangement of light furniture may be necessary at times. This may include the setup of folding chairs, card tables or serving trays for social functions.
- May perform other services as directed such as running errands.
- Maintain household cleaning and miscellaneous supply inventories.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED and three years' related work experience.
- Must be able to take and follow direction.
- Ability to perform housekeeping activities. Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Experience with cleaning and laundry procedures.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to react quickly and work independently.
- Ability to identify and initiate household projects when and where needed without direction.
- Requires flexibility, sound judgment in everyday decision-making; excellent time management and prioritization skills; attention to detail as well as the ability to resolve problems that affect service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be self-motivated and possess mechanical aptitude and basic knowledge of tools.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift, with or without assistance, up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status