at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497079
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
The IT Network & Infrastructure Services (IT-NIS) department is responsible for the operation, maintenance, support, and growth of networking, telecommunications, and the central computing systems. The University's central computing systems include enterprise class client/server, data storage and retrieval systems, web, learning management, and e-mail servers. There is a large volume and variety (servers, routers, firewalls, switches, and networked UPSes) of central systems along with the datacenter environmental systems and departmental systems backed up by IT located in the computer room of the Computing Center.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision, the Computer Operator I operates administrative and academic central systems and IT hosted computers and associated peripherals running under various operating systems. The principal emphasis is on operating computers and peripherals within established guidelines, monitoring all systems including environmental variables and reporting the nature of errors or problems. The incumbent interfaces with a diverse group of people including IT staff, campus clients, and outside vendors. The Computer Operator is considered essential personnel and the computing center is staffed twenty-four hours every day of the year. The regular work schedule for this position is for second shift from 3:30pm until 11:45pm from Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday depending on shift availability.
- Monitors operation of multiple systems and reports any errors or atypical responses. Follows documented procedures. Runs, monitors, and verifies correct completion of administrative production jobs run in batch mode. Collaborates with appropriate personnel (IT staff, IT consultants, vendors, and campus clients) during shift regarding problems and issues.
- Operates and maintains peripheral equipment such as laser printers, scanners, and sealers.
- Maintains records and documentation regarding shift work responsibilities, e.g. updating daily shift and scanner logs, writing problem and production bug reports, etc.
- Monitors machine room environmental systems (including HVAC, fire alarm system, UPS, and generator), documents and reports errors, addresses and follows up on problems.
- May assist with the inventory, monitoring, rotation, and documentation of media backup.
- Provides after hours and weekend support for the IT Support Center which includes escalating reported problems to the appropriate staff and updating the Support Center's web site and voicemail with emergency status information.
- Responsible for the security of the computer room at all times. Oversees deliveries of all computer room related equipment to the building which includes verification, acknowledgement, and assisting with product storage.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and clients and follows University and department policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Sets performance goals and achieves them on a regular basis.
- Develops familiarity with all the activities of computer operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status