at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking an Engineering Spring Intern to join our Krytox Technical Service team! This position will report directly to the Senior Tribology Engineer.
As an Engineering Intern, you will work closely with the Krytox Technical Service team gaining valuable experience through hands-on projects in a Tribology laboratory setting focused on fluorinated greases and oils used for lubrication. You will have exposure to real-time engineering work alongside other engineers to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
Effective engineering co-ops will have the ability to communicate with impact, have strong self-awareness, and will be naturally inquisitive.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: May – Aug 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working in the laboratory with experienced engineering professionals on product applications and testing/improvements
- Working in the laboratory conducting performance evaluations of Chemours and competitor products
- Working in the laboratory to determine physical properties of lubricants
- Participating in lab and equipment safety management activities and reviews
- Contributing in team meetings and conference calls
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or similar fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Participation in relevant activities, organizations, and projects beyond the classroom
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/