at Veterans Multi Service Center in Newark, Delaware, United States
This position provides case management services for approximately 15-30 Veteran households at a time, supporting development and achievement of individual housing stability plans. Ensures service delivery through adherence to VA and agency requirements. This role operates across a ten-county geographic footprint in Southern New Jersey and Delaware and meets with Veteran households in the office and in the field.
- Reports directly to the Program Manager and his/her designee.
- Operates under adherence to VA and agency policies and requirements.
- Consults with program applicants to assess need and determine program eligibility, ensuring that clients obtain needed supportive services.
- Provides Case Management with a focus on “housing first”.
- Works with clients to create individualized housing stability plans with client-specific goals.
- Provides ongoing support and expertise through assessment, planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of the Veteran’s needs as drawn from his/her goal/action plans.
- Obtains information contributing to the client’s situation and evaluating these, along with the client’s abilities and skills.
- Collaborates weekly with the Program Manager/designee and Senior Case Manager on action/service plans and coordinating approaches for successful outcomes.
- Follows up to determine quantity and quality of service provided to the Veterans.
- Conducts outreach to identify and provide services to target populations.
- Organizes Case Management efforts to meet VA requirements, along the five SSVF lines of effort; which are:
- Case Management
- Access to VA Benefits
- Access to other public benefits.
- Financial Assistance to eligible households, as necessary
- Develops and maintains relationships beneficial to program and agency.
- Attends all internal, external and community meetings and events relevant to the position and/or ensures staff attendance at all applicable meetings and events.