at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R117861
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Principal Risk Specialist, AML Modeling Team
As a Principal Risk Specialist in Capital One's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Data, Infrastructure, and Analysis group, you will apply your AML subject matter expertise, influence, and analytical skills to our highest profile AML projects and processes in the modeling space. You will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders within and outside the AML program to develop and implement cutting edge solutions to ensure Capital One's continued stability and success in identifying unusual account activity.
Principal Risk Specialists partner with various teams to improve our AML detection models in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded.
Principal Risk Specialists at Capital One are highly motivated AML professionals with excellent financial crime investigation, project management, and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure and the opportunity to work with stakeholder groups and leadership to create and implement innovative solutions that capitalize on opportunities, drive efficiency, and address areas of risk.
- Partner with analyst teams as an AML subject matter expert to support the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of new and existing models, which alert potential suspicious activity and/or high risk customers
- Support compliance of AML models with enterprise governance policies such as Model Policy, and Enterprise Data Management standards
- Collaborate effectively across the AML Program and with internal stakeholder groups, such as the Model Risk Office, Corporate Audit Services, and the lines of business to deliver powerful outcomes
- Contribute to, edit, and deliver presentations that communicate recommendations, proposals, or project statuses to senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Develop dynamic and thorough documents such as white papers, policies, standards, and procedures to strengthen and ensure a well-managed program.
- Familiarity with or strong desire to learn common programming languages such as SQL, python, etc or open source technology
- Conduct investigations, or complete risk assessments, particularly for AML programs
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Interact with and influence program leaders and executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience
- Bachelor's Degree
-6 years of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience
- CAMS or CFE Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.