at ShopRite in Bear, Delaware, United States
JOB TITLE: Bakery Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise Bakers and Bakery Clerks in the performance of their duties, order product, schedule clerks, take inventories weekly.
- Provides customers with superior service
- Has knowledge of and assists with the duties of each clerk in his/her department.
- Orders all products for the department.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained.
- Ensures that all product is properly rotated and priced
- Ensures that all specials have proper signs.
- Is responsible for merchandising product.
- Follows up on special orders.
- Is responsible for weekly inventory.
- Is responsible for cleanliness and safety of the department.
- Practice safe food handling regarding temperatures, cross contamination, & hygiene
- Finds more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve labor productivity.
- Buys into sales to promote profits
- Performs all of the duties of a baker as needed.
- Is responsible for controlling shrink
- Effectively manages department personnel including writes dept. schedules, completes disciplinary write-ups, and performs annual evaluations with mgmt assistance.
- Checks raincheck book daily.
- Keeps track of sales daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly for ordering, scheduling and tracking department growth.
- Works with other departments in Company sales promotions.
- Performs UFCW Local 27 duties incl. stock, bagging, and cash register
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English and performs basic math skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to perform the job while standing.
- Full range of motion from kneeling to standing repeatedly with ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to lift product and supplies up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures
- Ability to push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product.