at ShopRite in Newark, Delaware, United States
JOB TITLE: Night Crew Chief
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise night crew clerks in the performance of their duties, assist Grocery Mgr. in identifying product needs, merchandise products for maximum sales and profit, and take inventories.
- Provides customers with superior service
- Has knowledge of and assists with the duties of each clerk in his/her department.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained.
- Ensures that all specials have proper signs.
- Is responsible for merchandising product.
- Follows up on special orders.
- Is responsible for inventory.
- Ensures that product has proper UPLs and that missing UPLs are replaced.
- Is responsible for cleanliness and safety of the department.
- Practice safe food handling regarding temperatures, cross contamination, & hygiene
- Performs all of the duties of a grocery clerk as needed.
- Is responsible for controlling shrink
- Is responsible for overnight security.
- Monitors and maintains standards for captive cart program.
- Fills out required paperwork for MAP program (completed assignment sheets submitted to store mgr. each morning).
- Serves as store manager during night hours.
- Effectively manages department personnel including writes dept schedules, completes disciplinary write-ups, and performs annual evaluations with mgmt assistance.
- Checks raincheck book, $1 coupon book and free book daily.
- Works with other departments in Company sales promotions.
- Performs UFCW Local 27 duties incl. stock, bagging, and cash register
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English and performs basic math skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to give directions.
- Ability to perform the job while standing.
- Full range of motion from kneeling to standing repeatedly with ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to lift product and supplies up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product.
- Ability to be decisive.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account