at Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility in Dover, Delaware, United States
The Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility (DESEU) has an opening for an Office Manager. This position
plays an important role in supporting Energize Delaware’s mission of connecting and empowering energy
consumers with the resources to reduce energy costs, promote renewable energy, and improve the
The DESEU office is small, so the Office Manager plays multiple roles by providing the Energize Delaware
team with customer service, account management, human resource support, and contracting support.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
About the DESEU
The Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility (DESEU), trading as Energize Delaware, is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization created by the State of Delaware that promotes the use of affordable, reliable, and
clean energy and energy efficiency programs. Under the Energize Delaware trade name, it develops and
implements energy efficiency, clean energy, and air pollution reduction programs statewide. These
programs include funding, financing, and educational programs. In addition, we provide highly valuable
technical and financial services to our clientele so that they can make informed decisions regarding their
The DESEU views itself as being: Innovative; Nimble; Results Oriented; Collaborative; Transparent;
Accountable and Mission Focused. The office atmosphere is friendly, casual, and positive. Offices are in
a modern, light, and airy office building in Downtown Dover.
For additional information about the DESEU please visit our website www.energizedelaware.org.
Responsibilities are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, they are descriptive and not
restrictive. The employee may complete job duties of a similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Greeting and directing callers and visitors to the right person for assistance.
• Manage and work closely with accountants on accounts receivable and payable processing.
• Coordinate banking functions, making, and verifying e-deposits, occasional preparation of checks.
• Coordinate loan tracking, email loan invoices, correspond with borrowers regarding loan records.
• Coordinate IT services with IT contractor.
• Maintaining a filing and record retention system for all SEU documents.
• Organizing meetings for staff including in person and video conferencing.
• Maintaining Executive Director’s calendar using Outlook.
• Responding to phone, mail, and email inquiries received at the SEU office.
• Order office supplies and equipment as needed, maintain supplies.
• Mail processing, opening, reviewing, and forwarding mail to appropriate staff member.
• Processing and tracking insurance policies and payments.
• Maintaining HR records, distribution of pay stubs, E-verify records for new employees.
• Prepare agendas, packets, and minutes for Board of Directors and committees.
• Occasionally attend meetings and functions outside of normal office hours and locations.
• Work closely with financial auditors providing records as needed for annual audit.
• Be knowledgeable of SEU operations and ensure smooth and efficient office functions.
• Other tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The intent of the listed knowledge, skills and abilities is to give a general indication of the core requirements;
they are not exhaustive or necessarily inclusive.
• Exceptional written, oral, and proofreading skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize
multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to build and maintain beneficial relationships with vendors, contractors, and customers.
• Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work effectively, independently, and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure
and within deadlines.
• Ability to identify opportunities for office processes and management improvements and new
• Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions, and
recommends best practices.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve conflict by identifying opportunities.
• Three or more years’ experience in office administration, management, and basic book keeping.
• Knowledge and experience with the MS-Office
• Experience in QuickBooks.
• Other software: Doodle Poll, Zoom, Teams.
• Passion for progressive energy solutions and a commitment to the vision, mission, and values of
Energize Delaware (https://www.energizedelaware.org/home/deseu/vision/)
• Desire for and comfort in working in a collaborative environment
• Demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Salaried position, salary commensurate with experience
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Retirement account contribution
• Up to $5000 in health care reimbursement expenses