at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497065
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Human Resources, the Administrative Specialist oversees and coordinates activities in the Compensation, Benefits and Records/Customer Service operation units. The Administrative Specialist is responsible for the planning, design, and evaluation of the employee recognition program.
The Administrative Specialist provides administrative support and other project-related support to the AVP to ensure that the department's strategic and operational effectiveness initiatives are implemented.
- Serves as HR Liaison for Human Resources. Manages the day to day administrative operations of the Compensation, Benefits and Records/Customer Service units.
- Maintains calendar and coordinates meetings, events and travel arrangements; prepares agendas and supporting materials.
- Facilitates university-wide benefits communications and events, including annual open enrollment for employees, retirees, Medicare eligible retirees, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Receives and reviews new hire election paperwork and other related documentation for completeness, accuracy and compliance with all relevant policies and procedures. Ensures documents are processed timely.
- Supports the benefits team with retiree life event changes, retiree open enrollment changes processing and data entry, in preparation for managing the monthly direct payment (ACH) process.
- Conducts annual benefits supporting documentation audit.
- Supports the compensation team with preparing communication response to classification and compensation changes. Inputs compensation data, as necessary.
- Provides backup support to the front desk.
- Manages and promotes the employee recognition program for the university. Provides consultation and guidance on compliance as well as how to utilize the program to recognize direct reports and peers. Plans, organizes, and coordinates annual service recognition events as well as the Benefits and Wellbeing Fair.
- Works in partnership with others to coordinate recurring programs and events for Human Resources, including UD's annual appreciation events (i.e. UDid It picnic, Take Our Children to Work Day, and Read Across America). Includes scheduling with all appropriate parties, selecting venues and coordinating with vendors, speakers, honorees and special guests.
- Manages budgets that are associated with special projects, programs, and events.
- Develops and meets established timelines for program strategy and goal achievement.
- Supports and participates in the coordination of work-life and engagement campus-wide events with other units on campus to include Employee Health and Wellbeing.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with three years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status