Menu

Administrative Assistant III, Institute for Public Administration

at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States

Job Description

University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement

The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html


Job No: 497021
Work Type: Staff
Location: Newark
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time


Pay Grade: 27N

Context of the Job:

The Institute for Public Administration (IPA) and the Center for Community Research & Service (CCRS) are public service and research centers in the Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration at the University of Delaware. IPA addresses the policy, planning and management needs of its partners through the integration of applied research, professional development and the education of tomorrow's leaders. CCRS works to create more just and equitable communities and enhance the wellbeing of underserved populations in Delaware and beyond through research, public service, and teaching. Under the general supervision of the Director of IPA, the Administrative Assistant performs complex administrative and financial duties for IPA and CCRS. The majority (80%) of the incumbents time will be devoted to IPA and the remaining time (20%) will be devoted to CCRS. The principal emphasis is on general administrative support and assistance with center activities as well as providing the most efficient and effective administrative support and service to IPA and CCRS. He/she also ensures compliance with internal and external administrative policies and procedures as well as prioritizes and resolves administrative issues. A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills, and the ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required.

Responsibilities:
  • Serve as a primary point of contact for IPA and CCRS, interacting with a diverse audience including University of Delaware faculty, staff and students, and external constituents including legislators, state and local government leaders, and other partners.
  • Provide primary administrative support to the Directors of IPA and CCRS and provide general administrative support to other members of IPA and CCRS as needed.
  • Perform relevant administrative duties as assigned and directed by the Directors ensuring confidentiality and complying with established deadlines and work standards.
  • Purchase office supplies, equipment, and books. Process and maintain paperwork for purchasing (e.g., orders, requisitions, and invoices); and reconcile accounts for each center.
  • Receive and screen incoming calls, correspondence, forms, applications, reports, etc. and sort center mail.
  • Approve webforms for Center Directors.
  • Renew memberships and subscriptions; make conference, travel and dining reservations; and assist with annual performance reviews.
  • Attend IPA and CCRS staff meetings.
  • Assist with planning and coordinating events, such as meetings, lectures, workshops, conferences held at the University of Delaware and off site, including scheduling the facilities, making travel arrangements, and managing registration, equipment, and catering needs.
  • Make travel arrangements for the Directors and other staff when necessary. Assist with completing travel reimbursements.
  • Issue keys to staff and students as appropriate.
  • Provide oversight of the IPA vans usage and maintenance.

    Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status

    PI150892316
Copy Link

Job Posting: 860841

Posted On: Oct 22, 2021

Updated On: Nov 11, 2021