at Robert Half in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Description Your talents will be used to prepare and consolidate financial statements, analyze and reconcile accounts, analyze cash flow, build budgets and forecasts, prepare audits, and handle internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. The challenging, fast-paced work environment requires top-notch analytical skills. This position comes with solid compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls are followed when working with business partners and be able to provide support on special requests
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Produce monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management purposes
- Formulate Balance Sheet account reconciliations Requirements – Skill with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Able to manage time well
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Expertise in AIA Billing
- Construction Accounting experience desired
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.