at Robert Half in Newport, Delaware, United States
Description Robert Half has a career-building opportunity for a Staff Accountant with experience and skill to join their team on a permanent basis. In this position, the Staff Accountant prepares journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will lend your skills to developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Newport, Delaware area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Perform the month end close and produce journal entries under minimal supervision
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Special projects and impromptu reporting, upon request
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP Requirements – Vow to meet business deadlines
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.