at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497041
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of Theatre's Manager of Public Relations, the Manager, Theatre Box Office is charged with creating and maintaining an exceptional front line experience for on and off campus arts patrons, donors, VIPs, and students purchasing tickets for performances by the Resident Ensemble Players, the School of Music, and the Master Players Concert Series. The Manager, Theatre Box Office is responsible for programing and monitoring the ProVenue Ticketing system (ticketing, website and mobile applications) and maintaining the box office phone system. Primarily responsible for ticket sales for the Resident Ensemble Players/ Department of Theatre, the position also contracts and administers ticket sales for events and performances by the University of Delaware's School of Music and by the Master Players Concert Series. The Ticketing Services Manager is responsible for the daily reconciliation of ticket sales, audit trails, and financial and technological compliance with University policies and procedures. The Manager, Theatre Box Office also serves the Group Sales Manager for the Resident Ensemble Players by generating and fostering relationships with new and current groups, leading to ticket sales opportunities.
- Programs and monitors the computerized ticketing system for the box office in the Roselle Center for the Arts, serving the Department of Theatres Resident Ensemble Players, the School of Music, and the Master Players Concert Series.
- Creates, maintains, modifies, and manages all performance venues, price structures, performance dates/times, patron biographical and ticketing history information, sales reporting and auditing for both subscription and single tickets.
- Reviews ticketing contracts, makes pricing recommendations, recommends appropriate venues for performances.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises ticketing services staff, ensuring that all staff is fully trained in handling customer issues and explaining policy regarding ticket sales.
- Provides excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and trains all box office personnel in customer service standards.
- Develops and maintains documentation and training material on Ticketing Services policies and procedures. Provides rapid response for critical issues.
- Works with key clients to set up events, maintain seating manifests, maintain financial records, and manage the preparation, presentation, and settlement of all event box office statements.
- Advises and assists with the implementation, reporting, and generating of event reports using the ProVenue ticketing system.
- Reconciles any accounting issues including shortages or overages in cash drawers.
- Works closely with the Department of Theatre's financial liaison on executing proper cash handling and cash control procedures.
- Reviews and maintains the call center phone tree system, on hold content and system efficiency.
- Manages event and venue builds in the ProVenue ticketing system including all web content and mobile applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status