at Robert Half in Middletown, Delaware, United States
Description Robert Half is looking to complete the growing team of a well respected and influential company with an Accounting Clerk position. You will be expected to successfully match invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assist in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This permanent Accounting Clerk position is located in the Middletown, Delaware, area.
What you get to do every day
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Handle accounts payable tasks: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Post financial information to journals and ledgers
- Reconcile discrepancies, and prepare correction documents as needed, by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts
- Perform general accounting tasks, such as G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects
- Assist Accounts Receivable with processing daily invoices/credit, applying cash receipts, and collecting past due balances
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
- Utilize a number of sources to create statements and reports Requirements – Spreadsheet and ERP system experience preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Microsoft Excel experience desired
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- 1+ years of accounting experience required
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.