at Alsco in New Castle, Delaware, United States
We are Alsco Uniforms. Weve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. Its our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. Were seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. Wed love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in overseeing all facets of a branch operation. Reports to the General Manager.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Assist the GM with the oversight of all facets of the day-to day branch operation.
- Ensure that customer service and quality standards are met.
- Assist with Staff supervision.
- Develop and maintain a team oriented environment.
- Assist in budgeting, supply-demand analysis, process modeling and management to ensure that financial goals are met.
- Train, motivate and develop a strong team to fuel the branchs growth and profitability.
- Remain current with industry trends and assist with providing market assessments to the General Manager.
- Assist with making certain that physical maintenance and safety standards are met.
- May work on various projects as assigned by management.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in the areas of production, sales and service, with a minimum of five years successful experience in a sales, service or general management position within the textile services industry.
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and superior organizational skills.
- Possess a proven ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to superior customer service and business growth.
- Display enthusiasm and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Present strong supervisory skills and experience.
- Show successful experience dealing with unions and labor relations.
- Have a valid drivers license and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- College degree in Business or related field is preferred.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Vehicles on public roads, inside general offices, customer locations, areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Regularly, driving by vehicle within a designated branch territory. Occasional travel by plane.
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity