at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497039
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Health Services, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Patient Services Representative performs specialized duties including processing, compiling, and maintaining administrative records and accounts as needed by the CHS Clinic. The successful applicant for this position will be detail-oriented, flexible, and will have responsibility as back up for total clinical office operations. The applicant must be able to communicate effectively with clients, families, clinicians, insurance companies, and other individuals in the community using a variety of communication styles. The Patient Service Representative greets and responds to patients, helping in documentation, gathering, and maintaining personal information, and communication with the family or guardian. Duties include collecting payments and processing insurance details, obtain medical history, and keep the patients updated in various aspects. Preferred applicants will possess knowledge of medical billing, insurance verification, and financial processes.
- Responsible for obtaining or verifying information of clinic management data and resolving problems relating to medical and financial procedures and deadlines, while providing excellent customer service • Researches and responds to routine and non-routine inquiries from patients, billing companies/organizations, and insurance companies.
- Reviews, verifies and processes financial and non-financial documents and payments.
- Reviews, verifies, and processes daily billing of patient treatments.
- Review patient accounts, identify delinquent accounts and collect due amounts.
- Verify patient's insurance coverage and collect co-payments.
- Process credit card payments and balance daily cash deposits. Help providers stay on schedule by placing appointment correctly, understanding impact of appointments scheduled and notify doctors when patient is running late.
- Check out patients upon appointment completion. Schedule for future appointments and inquire about any overdue charges. Answer any questions patients have.
- Demonstrate care, enthusiasm, and empathy. Understand practice goals and new patient process.
- Perform general office duties, such as document preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain clean, neat work area.
- Maintain confidentiality of Patient PHI and any other related information according to Practice privacy practices and required HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain good attendance, arrive on time ready and prepared to perform job functions daily.
- Utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications, including electronic medical billing software.
- Works under limited supervision with clearly defined procedures.
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Enter and prepare insurance information into patient chart.
- Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g., explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status