at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
User Researcher – Product Diversity Office
Oct 14, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Duration: 4 months
Job Title: User Researcher – Product Diversity Office
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Our client is seeking an experienced User Researcher to join their newly formed Product Diversity by Design team. This individual will serve as a lead for user research projects focused on products that have been identified as needing additional user testing to confirm their compliance with our diversity, inclusion, and accessibility targets, especially in higher risk areas such as voice UX, wearables, AI algorithms, facial recognition, etc. The user is at the core of everything we do here and your expertise is needed to help bring the voice of our diverse users into the design process. Our goal is to bring Smart Technology to All, and the person in this role will have a critical part to play in achieving that goal. This person will report to Senior Manager, User Research.
Department overview: You would be a part of the User Experience Design team (a team of 30+ global), and would be supporting our newly formed project called “Diversity by Design”. They would be doing research specifically about eliminating bias and making sure our design takes a diverse user base into account during the design phase, as well as supporting additional research projects to support client product development. One will be more hardware focused, the other more software focused, but the two researchers are expected to support each other and run studies together when that makes sense.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in User Research, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Ergonomics or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience performing user research around the use of technology.
• Skilled in crafting the right research objectives mapped to most effective methodologies.
• Ability to succinctly present data, insight & research principals to a wide range of audiences. Comfortable working with both qualitative and quantitative data.
• Professional moderating / facilitating skills.
• Experience working with external research vendors.
• Desire to promote / publish client UX research efforts both internally & externally.
• Strong interest in mentoring other UX researchers & designers.
• Have an appetite for technology.
• Be an avid digital consumer and experienced evaluator.
• Self-motivated with clear opinions about your work who also seeks team energy.
• Willing to be a champion and advocate for the user.
• Experience leading / driving research efforts to completion.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Research
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No