at East Coast Property Managemnt in Seaford, Delaware, United States
East Coast Property Management (ECPM) has served the needs of property owners throughout
Delaware Maryland and Virginia for over 40 years. The organization is known for an open-minded approach, commitment to quality, and caring passion for customers and staff alike.
While this job description describes the typical duties and responsibilities of the position, there
will be times when this position will be called on to do other and/or additional tasks for the
organization to carry out ECPM’s mission.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general upkeep of the property to include
completing work orders, maintaining curb appeal, and repairing vacant units to “like new”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Policing the grounds each workday, removing litter, debris, weeds, and dead plants.
- Observe any repairs needed to exterior items, landscaping needs, and unusual situations that must be reported to the manager.
- Assure the workplace is safe and that all employees are aware of safety procedures and any equipment necessary is available and being properly used.
- Complete work orders in a chronological order and timely fashion.
- Maintain apartment unit files, including copies of invoices for contract work when appliances are replaced, and repainting is completed.
- Maintain service records, equipment, and supply inventory records.
- Assist with inspections and complete any work orders from the inspection within 30 days.
Restore vacant units to “like new” condition after the manager receives possession and a move-out inspection has been completed.
- Respond to on-call emergencies, including notifying the tenant as to what action will be
taken and arrive at the property, if necessary, as quickly as possible.
- Attend any meeting or trainings as required.
- Assist with landscaping and snow/ice removal tasks.
- Notify tenants in advance of entering units prescribed by management
- Position may require the use of personal vehicle for East Coast Property Management travel, employees must maintain a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Abide by and comply with East Coast Property Management’s personnel manual.
- Courteous and businesslike manner in dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Maintain professional quality oral communication.
- Work individually with diligence to accomplish established work plan and objectives.