at JPMorgan Chase in Newark, Delaware, United States
Corporate and Investment Bank Operations Analyst
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services.
The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. More than 48,000 employees operate worldwide for the firm.
With $20.5 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Within J.P Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank, you will be a part of the Market and Investor Services business, an area comprised of the world’s leading securities and derivatives sales, trading, research and operations groups providing clients with a full suite of services to meet their specific needs.
As an Investment Banking Operations Specialist, you will have this rewarding opportunity to support securities trading for high profile clients and various internal teams to allow for the efficient functioning of this key line of business in our firm. With a focus on control and risk aversion, you will monitor, analyze and process transactions utilizing our proprietary systems as well as vendor applications that are used industry wide. Our analysts are instilled with the drive to succeed in a challenging environment and enforce the need for timely execution of deliverables. You will be responsible for the accurate processing of securities transactions by meeting deadlines across domestic and international markets. You will gain valuable experiences with various investment banking products and services that have global risk exposure. With the global footprint of our business you will get the chance to work with key personnel across our corporate centers and learn how to operate in a global economy.
-Support trade processing platforms through the monitoring and resolution of complex issues
-Interact daily with clients, internal stakeholders, counterparties, traders, custodian banks and senior management
- Identify trade discrepancies as well as mitigate the risks related to the trade life cycle
- Take on challenging projects to promote process streamlining
- Will be required to master the complexities of many equity and fixed income products as well as gain a solid understanding of our business model and infrastructure
Must be composed and detail orientated
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to analyze complex and ambiguous issues and recommend creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and products
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment with an emphasis on risk mitigation and efficiency
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a professional setting is required
- Good interpersonal and team building skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint. VBA and SQL knowledge is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans