at Delaware State Housing Authority in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
ENTRY LEVEL SALARY: $37,065-- FULL-TIME
OFFICE LOCATION: WILMINGTON, DE
OPENING DATE: 10/14/21 CLOSING DATE: 10/28/21
Looking for a career with excellent benefits?
As part of the DSHA team, you will have immediate access to health, vision, and dental insurance,
vacation and sick leave, paid holidays fitness reimbursement, retirement plan, and more while
working to further DSHA’s mission of providing safe, affordable housing.
This non-State position responsible for providing program, partner and applicant support relative
to the Delaware Housing Assistance Program (DEHAP). Work involves reviewing and
processing DEHAP applications, troubleshooting applications with special circumstances,
addressing constituent issues, and serving as a point of contact for external partners and for
escalated issues from the DEHAP call center.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of
the following areas
1. Experience in human services or program services support.
2. Experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
3. Experience with effective workplace communication.
4. Experience in record keeping.
5. Experience in using automated information systems to enter, update, modify, retrieve and
report on data.
6. Successful Completion of Background Screening
Essential functions are fundamental, core and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
duties. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job
duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
• Reviews and processes for approval applications submitted for emergency rental
• Interprets and adheres to program guidelines and instructions.
• Communicates effectively with external partners to resolve application issues in an
• Manages time effectively to prioritize applications with special circumstances.
• Responds to escalated issues referred through the DEHAP call center.
• Coordinates with external partners to ensure effective program operations and application
These include up to 15 vacation days and 15 sick day leave accrual, up to 13 paid holidays a
year, liberal retirement benefits, immediate access to paid health, short and long term disability,
and life insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and various supplemental benefit options.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications must be completed by the closing date of
October 28, 2020 on our website www.destatehousing.com (Click on About Us, Employment, Click
Here to View All Current Openings, Select job, Scroll Down & Click “Apply Now”.) Contact: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSHA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and
employment process. Please call DSHA at 302.739.4263 or 888.363.8808 with any questions or
requests. TTY/ ASCII/ VOICE/ VCO users may utilize the Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS)
As a condition of employment, all employees must certify that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by
September 30, 2021; or be required to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis starting on September 30,
2021; or request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination(s) due to health or sincerely held
religious beliefs or practices by September 30, 2021. If hired after September 30, 2021, these
certifications or requests must be completed during their initial week of employment. This will be in
effect until further notice. More information can be found here.
DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAY IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FAILURE TO AGREE
TO PARTICIPATE IN DIRECT DEPOSIT WILL RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF
OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. DSHA HAS A LAG PAY SYSTEM