at Eastern States Construction Service, Inc. in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
In this position, your primary responsibility will be safely and efficiently performing duties necessary to the successful completion of heavy/highway construction projects. These projects may include asphalt/paving, pipelaying and utility installation, dirt/earthwork, and/or concrete work.
Duties may include:
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Assist in the installation of sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material
- Distribute and rake asphalt material.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to grade and thickness.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Perform set up and cleanup tasks at jobsite
- Operation of various equipment including jackhammers, tampers, skid steers, compactors
- Perform all work efficiently and safely in accordance with State, Federal and Company regulations
- Finish assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality