at PPD in Frankfurt, United States
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services.? At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!??
Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES) is a business unit of PPD that helps biopharmaceutical companies overcome patient recruitment and research site challenges by optimizing each step in the patient journey to deliver greater speed, certainty, and control to clinical trial delivery.
As a Clinical Research Nurse or Medical Assistant you will be a key member impacting the development and research for therapeutics for patients.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.??
Conductsat least oneongoing clinical trialthatmayinvolve patients orhealthyvolunteers.Interactswith the research siteteamand interdepartmental stafftoensure positive interactionswith patientsat sitefor study planning,from initiationtocloseout.
- Conducts clinical studies according to FDA/GCP and ICH regulations and guidelines.
- Provides medicalcareto patients, alwaysensuring patient safetycomesfirst.
- Performsall defined studyactivities (i.e,informedconsent, screening,and protocol procedureswhichinclude butnot limitedtovital signs, pregnancytests,height,weight,ECG’s,etc.).
- Recordsall patient informationand resultsfromtestsas per protocol on requiredforms.
- Where required, maycomplete IPaccountability logsandassociatedinformation.
- Reports suspectednon-complianceto relevant site staff.
- Ensures that IRBapprovalis obtained priorto study initiationand IRB requirementsaremetthroughoutthe study.
- Promotes the companyand builds a positive relationshipwith patients toensure retention.
- Attends site initiationmeetingsandall other relevant meetingsto receive trainingon protocol.
- May be requiredtocall patients, do patient bookingsandfollow-upcalls toconfirm bookings or provide information or results.
- Logs/completes information on sponsor systemsandensuresallinformation provided isaccurate (i.e.,case reportforms,EDC,etc.)andensures itiscompletedwithintimeframe.
- Gathers sourcedocuments,updates patientfilesandnotes, alwaysensuring relevantandmostupto date information is recorded.
- Adheres tocompany COP/SCOP.
- May be requiredto dispose ofwasteaccordingto standardsandassist inkeeping a generalneatappearance ofthefacility.
Education and Experience:?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification in the clinical / medical field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of working independently, analyzing and working with attention to detail, processing and prioritizing sensitive complex information and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment
- Adequate decision-making, negotiation and influencing skills
- Decent communication skills and English fluency will be an advantage
- Decent organizational skills
- Essential proficiency in basic computer applications
- Decent interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.?
PPD Defining Principles:?
We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing
?We are one PPD??
Job: Clinical Monitoring
Organization: DE AES BU
Title: Clinical Research Nurse – AES
Location: DE-DE-Frankfurt-Frankfurt (DRS) GER
Requisition ID: 202329
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group