at Facebook in Dover, Delaware, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
In this role, you will have an impact in building out the infrastructure for new products that give our users to ability to connect and control their experiences across Facebook, Instagram, and more with our new Account Center.Billions of our users across the globe will be using this product to continue our mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, and at the same time provide a high quality cross app experience. This is a highly cross functional role where your technical, product management, leadership and flawless execution skills will be fully on display. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within product engineering, driving huge projects that span across the organization.
1. Develop and manage project plans understand dependencies, define milestones, assess risk and identify resource requirements, ensure on-time delivery.
2. Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
3. Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions.
4. Collaborate extensively with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs.
5. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or 6+ years of equivalent experience working on large scale technical products.
6. 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
7. 7+ years of experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership software development.
8. 5+ years of experience managing platform products and roadmaps.
9. Proven problem-solving skills with large-scale technical systems.
10. Experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
11. Experience with large scale Product Growth.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.