at Edgewell in Dover, Delaware, United States
Responsible for ensuring the proficient and safe use of the forklift in lifting, moving, and packing of product. Operates a powered industrial truck to load and unload materials and moves them to and from storage areas, machines, loading docks, and trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
1. Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
2. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
3. Move in-process materials and finish stock to/from production areas.
4. Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
5. Accurately complete and document all product/material location movements.
6. Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
7. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
8. Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers using proper dock safety procedures.
9. Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, or other powered equipment.
10. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform safety check on fork lift.
11. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
12. Assist in physical inventories.
13. Ensure proper stock rotation.
14. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
15. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse/plant. Follow all Edgewell safety and QSR/GMP policies.
16. Must maintain a current fork lift operator’s license and perform all other duties as required by supervision.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
• Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment/devices, guarding, as well as safe work practices.
• Immediately report every job-related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a team leader/supervisor.
• Assist in investigating accidents as directed by your supervisor.
• Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
• Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
• Review Material Safety Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
• Maintain work area in safe condition by ensuring the work area is clean and orderly
• Comply with all safety work rules at all times. Actively participate in safety initiatives
• Work overtime, flexible hours, and weekends, as needed or required.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accurately and timely complete all Quality checks and properly document.
• Colleagues are responsible for their own quality and that of colleagues within their span of control.
• Colleagues are responsible to follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
• Notify supervision for corrective action if and when defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.