at Edgewell in Dover, Delaware, United States
Maintain, test, and troubleshoot areas of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment/machinery. Provide engineering assistance for the installation, layout design, fabrication, and debug of mechanical componentry and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Maintain assigned equipment/machinery and achieve established production goals.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Operate equipment as required.
- Interface and respond to all PLC readouts.
- Computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS) involvement in areas including but not limited to:
- Following the work order management process including creating accurate notifications and work orders
- Locating parts and information by using search functions
- Confirmation of time worked on work orders
- Completing documentation
- Active in root cause analysis and continuous improvement initiatives supporting quality, reliability, and engineering initiatives.
- Communicates maintenance activities across shifts and across function necessary
- Display excellence in all housekeeping, LEAN, 5 s opportunities
- Consistently meet safety, quality and operations standards including required documentation.
- Complete all work assignments in safe and efficient manner following all Edgewell safety and GMP Policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as directed.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
- Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment/devices, guarding, as well as safe work practices.
- Immediately report every job-related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a team leader/supervisor.
- Assist in investigating accidents as directed by your supervisor.
- Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
- Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
- Review Material Safety Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
- Maintain work area in safe condition by ensuring the work area is clean and orderly.
- In the ESP department, mechanics may be asked to perform duties related to hazardous waste management including but not limited to the following:
- transferring hazardous waste from satellite accumulation points to the accumulation sheds;
- operating or working at accumulation points;
- assisting with removal of the hazardous waste by transport contractors; and
- labeling hazardous waste containers.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately and timely complete all Quality checks and properly document.
- Follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
- Notify supervision for corrective action when defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.