at Robert Half in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Description If you are looking for opportunities in the accounting field near the Wilmington, Delaware area, apply today for this role as a Senior Accountant through Robert Half. Take your career and your knowledge to the next level by working with a flourishing company. You’ll want to submit an application now because there is an immediate need to fill this role. This is a long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity.
What you get to do every day
- Carry out monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Constantly improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Realize compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and controls by working with business partners
- Other projects as required
- Build analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks) Requirements – SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Minimum 5-7 years of overall general accounting experience
- ERP system experience
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Strong organization skills
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Strong familiarity with account reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience required
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Competence with financial data analysis and report generation that is prompt and accurate
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Accomplished in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Demonstrated skills in interacting effectively, both verbally and in writing, with functional managers
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.